. home.aspx

NEWS

home.aspx
   


Can Amazon Chip Away at Google and Facebook’s Digital Ad Dominance?

March 19, 2018 / Josh Sternberg

Data aggregator eMarketer today released a report indicating Google and Facebook’s (aka ‘the duopoly’) dominance of the digital ad market is about to be less dominant, as “smaller players” like Amazon and Snapchat are on the rise. In a blog post, eMarketer “estimates the two companies [Facebook and Google] will capture a combined 56.8 percent of US digital ad investment in 2018, down from 58.5 percent last year” because of those pesky multibillion-dollar upstarts, Amazon and Snapchat. According to The Wall Street Journal, “Google and Facebook are still increasing their total ad revenue significantly, and no other competitor even cracks 5 percent market share.” The eMarketer report highlights how Amazon is starting to make headway into the digital ad marketplace; eMarketer projects it will take in $2.89 billion in ad revenue in the U.S. this year, up 63.5 percent. According to eMarketer, Amazon will have a 2.7 percent share of the co...